Admission procedure consists of:
- Completion and submission of application form
- Aptitude test, counselling and personal interview
- Notification and acceptance of admission
Deadline for completion and submission of Application Form:
Completed application form must reach IIJNM by no later than May 10, 2018. But late applicants may submit completed form and supporting documents after this date, which may be considered for admission only if vacancies are still available.
Note: Early applications may be submitted prior to March 31, 2018. We encourage submitting applications early to assure quick completion of the admission process to the limited number of seats. Those awaiting college examination results may be given conditional admission.
Checklist of Application:
All applicants must submit online or mail the following to the Admissions Committee at the address given below:
- Completed application form.
- Photocopy of official transcripts of academic records from undergraduate, graduate and/or professional institutions attended (when available). Those awaiting final examination results may submit copy of the transcripts when they become available.
- Application essay: Describe a recent event that has received major national or international attention, and how it affected you (between 600 and 750 words).
- The Rs. 1,000 application-processing fee by credit/debit card or bank draft or pay order (payable at Bangalore) and drawn in favour of “IIJNM Bangalore.”
- Supporting material (if any) such as writing samples (published), record of achievements, etc.
Applications must be sent to:
Admissions Processing Office
Indian Institute of Journalism & New Media
No. 502, 5th ‘C’ Main, 5th Cross, 2nd Block
HRBR Layout, Kalyana Nagar, Bangalore –560 043 India
Tel: 080-2545 2564 / 2545 2565; Fax: 080-2545 2563
Early application (with a concession of Rs. 10,000): March 31, 2018
Regular Applications deadline: May 10, 2018
Aptitude test and counselling: Test and counselling will be held at centres in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Bangalore during March, April and May. Exact dates will be intimated following receipt of completed Application Form.
Personal Interview: Personal interview is held only at IIJNM, Bangalore following the Aptitude Test. Dates for interview will be set for March, April and May. Those applicants taking the aptitude test in Bangalore may also appear for personal interview on the same day.
Campus Visit (Optional)
While it is not mandatory, applicants are encouraged to visit IIJNM campus at any stage in the application process after emailing us at email@example.com at least 3 days in advance. You can also call +91 78292 40368 to schedule a visit.
Students are required to arrive in college 2 days prior to the start of the academic year for registration.
Students are also assigned their dormitory residence and may stay in the hostel from the registration day itself.
All fees paid are non-refundable.